Locales with the same language

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sun Jul 13 20:08:29 CDT 2003

I have problems displaying Wine's app in my locale (fr_CA). They seem to
prefer to go to the English locale, although if launched with
LANG=fr_FR wine notepad
they will obey the French locale.

LANG=fr wine notepad
will display a warning about the plurality of locales with "fr", but
will display the app in French nonetheless.

I have a feeling it might be from dlls/kernels/nls/frc.nls, where both
LOCALE_IDEFAULTLANGUAGE and LOCALE_ILANGUAGE are defined as "0c0c",
while for fra.nls (fr_FR) LOCALE_IDEFAULTLANGUAGE and LOCALE_ILANGUAGE
are defined as "040c".

Somebody else noticed this, or have an explanation?

Vincent