Relocate error

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Mon Jul 14 17:54:22 CDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:22, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
> err:virtual:map_image FATAL: Need to relocate module from addr 40000000,
> but there are no relocation records wine: could not load
> 'C:\IMD\Bin\Imd.exe' as Win32 binary

Start wine win gdb, and issue:

break in main
run

Check out which executable is in the offending region (my guess is it's wine
itself, but it may also be some shared libraries).

On linux you can see what's at a particular address by looking in
/proc/<process>/maps, but be aware that you'll probably find out there's some
system libraries involved, and while you could always relink the wine
libraries to load at a different address, doing so to system libraries is
probably not a good idea.

> I didn't change this link address in my app (VC6), it has been there even
> before I started with wine at all. But when I change this address to say
> 0x48000000 then it works. So is there something else on this address?

If it's your own app, why are you linking it without relocation records? This
seems to be asking for trouble.