French keyboard layout without Euro

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jul 15 03:10:28 CDT 2003

"Marcelo Duarte" <wine-devel at bol.com.br> wrote:

> I used a program that wait a input and out. I pressed ALTGR 1, E (euro),
> Delete (with numlock on), numlock, delete (with numlock off) and enter.
> After my mail I trying to found the problem, I discovered that the keyboard
> accept keys that do not are marked in the keys, like ALTGR R (® registered),
> ALTGR C (© copyright) and others (in Wine or in KDE), only do not accept
> Euro.

The log shows that it's clearly a problem with XFree86 which can't translate
EuroSign keysym to a character in your locale (pt_BR):

trace:event:EVENT_ProcessEvent Got event KeyPress for hwnd 0x10022
trace:key:X11DRV_KeyEvent state = 2010
trace:key:X11DRV_KeyEvent KeyPress : keysym=20AC (EuroSign), ascii chars=0 / 0 / ''

I think that by running 'xev' you could confirm that.

One of the solutions is to find an existing locale in your system which
supports entering of EuroSign (look for 'locale -a | grep @euro') or
generate one yourself. Probably using either pt_PT or pt_PT at euro might help
since Brazilian locale presumably is not supposed to support the Euro sign.

--
Dmitry.