Locales with the same language

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jul 15 04:26:22 CDT 2003

"Vincent Béron" <vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca> wrote:

> > > I have problems displaying Wine's app in my locale (fr_CA). They seem to
> > > prefer to go to the English locale, although if launched with
> > > LANG=fr_FR wine notepad
> > > they will obey the French locale.
> > >
> > > LANG=fr wine notepad
> > > will display a warning about the plurality of locales with "fr", but
> > > will display the app in French nonetheless.
> >
> > LC_ALL=fr_CA wine notepad
>
> Nope, doesn't work.

That's because there is no resources marked as (LANG_FRENCH,SUBLANG_FRENCH_CANADIAN)
in the Wine apps. If you fairly confident that all flavours of French (including
Canadian) have too little differences and creating separate resources for each
of them isn't worth the effort, then a way to go is to mark all french resources
in Wine with (LANG_FRENCH,SUBLANG_NEUTRAL).

--
Dmitry.