winegcc and dlls

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 20:53:04 CDT 2003

--- Jonathan Wilson <jonwil at tpgi.com.au> wrote:
> 1.is anyone working on making winegcc do dlls?
> 2.what is the "hard part" about making winegcc do dlls?
> and 3.is there something I can do (code-hacking wise) to help with winegcc
> dll support?

Winegcc is supposed to act like mingw-gcc from what I understand. Building applications and dll
using WINElib and Mingw32-gcc is interesting because there is no consistancy with anything. gcc
has the options -mdll and -shared that can be used to build dlls on Mingw but also mingw-binutils
has dllwrap/tool to link dlls so I dont know how he is planing on addressing this. Plus you have
winebuild thrown in to the mix. People want to fix winebuild and wine libraries to support
dlopen()ing them on *nix.

Thanks
Steven