problem when try to build winemine as a winemaker test descrbed in winelib user's guide

dd jj xmen21cn at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 15:50:14 CDT 2003

Hello

I add the header file directory as a augument with ./config -with-wine-includes=DIR,now it works.
But when I type "make"

It shows the following error:

gcc -shared -Wl, -Bsymbolic -o winemine2.exe.so dialog.o main.o winemine2.exe.spec.o  -lower-uppercase -lwine -lwine_unicode -lwine_uuid -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lower-uppercase
collect2: ld returned 1exit status
make: *** [winemine2.exe.so] Error 1

Does anyone can give me some hints here?

Thanks a lot

-Lechun

Jeff Smith <whydoubt at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- dd jj wrote:
> When I try to port a small application sample provided by winelib user's guild
>
> enter winemine directory, type:
>
> $winemaker -lower-uppercase .
> $./configure -with-wine=/usr/local/wine
> $make
>
> It shows error when I run the second command ./configure
>
> I get the error:
>
> ng whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
> checking for iswalnum in -lw... no
> checking for gethostbyname... yes
> checking for connect... yes
> checking "for gcc strength-reduce bug"... no
> checking "whether external symbols need an underscore prefix"... no
> checking "whether we can build a Linux dll"... yes
> checking "whether we need to define __i386__"... no
> checking "for g++ -fpermissive option"... yes
> checking "for g++ -fno-for-scope option"... yes
> checking for windef.h... configure: error: Could not find the Wine headers (windef.h)
>
> Could you please give comments on how to fix it? Thank you very much.

I believe that you get that error when wine has not been fully installed.
I have not used winemaker in several months and am not sure of this.

-- Jeff Smith