shell namespace in Winefile

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citengineering.com
Thu Jul 17 01:53:20 CDT 2003

Hi Martin,

I saw your patch to shell32, and noticed that you added ole32 to
the dependicies of shell32. I believe in the interest of DLL seperation
and avoiding circular DLL references it is the intention to prevent
such hard dependencies on ole32 in most DLLs including shell32.

If I'm not mistaken shell32 used to import ole32 some time ago but it
was stated that this should go away which it seems to have done. The
solution is to dynamically link to the functions of such DLLs on first
execution as done in several places in clipboard.c.

Rolf Kalbermatter