WINE programs question...

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 01:46:17 CDT 2003

> Being able to replace e.g. comctl32.dll from MS with the wine version and
> seeing what breaks would be a good way to track down bugs (IMHO) Same for
> Wine programs (like notepad), being able to build & use em on win32 would
> help with bug tracking. (i.e. is this bug in WINE or in the app)

I work on this for the ReactOS project. It is a very slow process cleaning up WINE to use the
w32api package.

1. You will need MSYS+Mingw
2. ./configure --disable-win16
3. make tools
4. make
5. remove a header from wine/include and try to build the dll/program you are cleaning up.this
will let you use the mingw header.
6. Fix WINE/w32api if something is broken

most dlls/programs build now with the WINE headers but for ReactOS we have to fix w32api.

Thanks
Steven