Warning on Alpha Linux

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sat Jul 19 10:30:18 CDT 2003

Le sam 19/07/2003 à 02:42, Steven Edwards a écrit :
> Hello,
> On just about every file that is built we are getting this warrning. This is the most minor
> problem we have with the alpha build but I couldnt figure it out.
>
> ../../include/wine/debug.h: In function `wine_dbgstr_guid':
> ../../include/wine/debug.h:152: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> ../../include/wine/debug.h:152: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

That's an easy one. One an Alpha, sizeof(int) != sizeof(foo *). I think
sizeof(int) == 8, while sizeof(foo *) == 4.

gcc is kind enough to warn you about this potentially nasty situation,
although in these particular cases I don't see how putting the pointer
in something larger will create a problem.

Still, fixing the warning would be a good idea as there's probably a
whole lot of lines passing by at compilation.

Vincent