something I could work on, can someone tell me if this is something usefull or not?

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Jul 19 19:32:21 CDT 2003

On July 18, 2003 10:52 pm, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> I am taking this on because I want to improve my skills at working with the
> Win32 API.
> Basicly, I want to know:
> 1.is this something usefull to the Wine project?
> and 2.is there anything I should avoid doing for whatever reason? (for
> example, are there things I cant do because they would violate MS IP or
> something)

Yes, I think this is a good project to start with, and it can't hurt to
have a better notepad replacement. Do not worry about the 65K limit,
or the Unicode handling, that's handled in the edit control, and it's
another story. In fact, our edit control supports Unicode, AFAIK. The
only issue is that Dmitry has already done work in this area, so you
should probably wait until that work has made it's way into the tree.

--
Dimi.