Warning on Alpha Linux

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 19:35:43 CDT 2003

> I think for pointers (especially when you change the size of the result)
> gcc is more picky. Compile the attached program to verify.
>
> And I don't remember Steven saying that he actually used gcc or even
> Linux on the Alpha, it could be the DEC cc under Tru-64...

Its gcc on RH 7.1 for Alpha. On a Dec PWS 500 workstation. I dont know anything about Alpha asm so
I cannot implement the interlocked* functions or the import and spec support in winebuild so I
have just stubbed it for now. The other issues I am having is with compiling resources. WRC
doesnot work proplerly on Alpha and I dont know why.

I will try your suggestions tonight.

Thanks
Steven