I now know what I am going to work on

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Mon Jul 21 21:06:46 CDT 2003

After all the feedback, I have decided to work on 4 things:
1.a fontview.exe clone (should give me good experiance in working with the
GDI font APIs and also should give the WINE implementations of those APIs a
workout. In particular, the functionality used to display a font even
though its not registered with the system font lists should be a nice thing
to hack on and figure out how its done. Plus, ReactOS can use the results.
2.a guidgen.exe clone (the origonal uses MFC, mine wont obviously)
3.a uuidgen.exe clone (usefull as a way to generate GUIDs/UUIDs from a
script or makefile)
and 4.a cards.dll clone. Its not only used by the MS card games but others
as well. Its been reverse engineered by some people and also at some point
MS released an "official" SDK for it (at
http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0396/games.asp ) so if we dont clone it,
people cant play non-ms games that use it :)