I am going to implement cards.dll (idea for handling the thunks stuff)

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Tue Jul 22 01:10:34 CDT 2003

Well basicly, the function names are the same in both the 16 bit dll and
the 32 bit dll but one is 16 bit code and one is 32 bit code.
The 16 bit version is loaded by LoadLibrary16
Probobly the best way to implement this is to make a cards.dll so that if
its loaded by a 16 bit app or loaded via LoadLibrary16, it loads 16 bit
code and provides the 16 bit version. If its loaded by LoadLibrary (or via
an imports table) from a 32 bit app, the 32 bit version will be loaded.
This way, it will work properly with all apps that use cards.dll
(regardless of if they use the 16 bit or 32 bit versions)
Although, I dont know if that would be a proper way to do it. Anyhow, I
need some advice from the gurus on how best to handle this...
BTW, there is at least one library that works with both versions by doing
LoadLibrary and if that fails LoadLibrary16.