[resend] Ensure ole32.dll gets correct version number

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Tue Jul 22 04:48:13 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 23:42, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Version 2.0 is awfully old for ole32.dll. Why do you need that?

The primary motivation for this bugfix was to enable the DCOM98
installer to work again correctly. It requires at least < 4.something,
otherwise it refuses to install. As our OLE framework isn't yet up to
scratch for some tasks, being able to install it is important (hopefully
once I finish digesting Oves work maybe it will be less important).

I suppose we could make it every so slightly below the version DCOM98
requires, but there are only so many versions, and if an app checks for
the version shipped in the DCOM updates, it'd still be too low.

The real fix is just to get the DCOM infrastructure to the point where
nobody needs to install Microsofts version anymore, but it's going to be
a couple of months before I have this patch in a form suitable for
submission I suspect (unless Ove decides to beat me to it).

thanks -mike