Do the winelib and winegcc tools and so on define WIN32?

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Tue Jul 22 22:23:45 CDT 2003

If not, they should (IMHO). Any compiler that provides windows.h & friends
and proporting to act like a win32 compiler (i.e. accepting win32 code and
so on) should be defining WIN32. Testing #ifdef WIN32 is the easiest way to
say "if we are building on windows do x, if not do y"
And, for all practical purposes (from the perspective of source code
anyway), building on winelib should be the same as building on windows
(isnt that the point of winelib)

MingW, Visual C++ and Cygwin with -mno-cygwin (which is basicly MingW) all
define WIN32. And I would assume that Watcom, Borland and others probobly
do as well although I dont have those to check.