can't redirect stdout?!

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Wed Jul 23 09:54:05 CDT 2003

On July 23, 2003 12:43 am, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> Dan Kegel wrote:
> > OK, so with the normal X11 driver, you can no longer
> > redirect stdout from commandline apps under Wine;
> > the output just vanishes if you try to send it to a file.
> >
> > That's rather unacceptable dain bramage, if you ask me.
> > - Dan
>
> Yes what is going on with this thing?
> Can one specify a TTY display driver PER APPLICATION so consol apps will
> not
> run with X11 driver?
> (I guess I can manually list all these applications)

(This gets confusing)
That doesn't really matter.  Even with the ttydrv stdout disappears and cannot
be redirected.  Except it depends upon the terminal!!!  Under a real terminal
(whatever you want to call it; what I get when I press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and log
in) it is OK.  I have just discovered that under a true xterm it is OK.
However it disappears under whatever virtual terminal KDE gives you.

--
Bill Medland
ACCPAC International, Inc.
medbi01 at accpac.com