Make aclocal.m4:WINE_GET_SONAME more flexible

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jul 24 17:09:00 CDT 2003

Todd Vierling <tv at pobox.com> writes:

> Nor is there a guarantee that the non-full path is ABI compatible on other
> systems, which was the point of allowing the full path (for system
> libraries, mind you, not Wine's own) through.

I don't see why it wouldn't be ABI compatible; that's the whole point
of finding the soname, so that we get the proper version of the
library. The full path is completely irrelevant; when you dynamically
link an app the linker doesn't store the full path to the system
libraries either, just the soname. That's exactly what we are doing
here.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com