fontview.exe...

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Sat Jul 26 08:21:56 CDT 2003

Its used by windows to display fonts before and after installation.
And I know of at least one setup program (might have been a Corel app, I
forget) that displays a long list of fonts which you can select from to
install and then uses fontview.exe (I think its fontview.exe, it loks very
similar anyhow) for previewing the fonts (so you can see what they look
like before they are installed).

Anyone want to comment on this:
1.does anyone else remeber the app and/or the dialog?
2.does anyone know if it really is fontview.exe?
3.does wine need a fontview.exe?
and 4.if I was to code a fontview.exe, would it be of use to anyone (wine,
reactos etc)?