dmusic loader question

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 00:34:59 CDT 2003

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Dustin Navea <speeddymon at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > --- Rok Mandeljc <rok.mandeljc at gimb.org> wrote:
> >> BTW, is it illegal to use MSDN examples to implement stuff in wine
> >> (EULA...)?
> >
> > Fortunately, AFAIK, it is not illegal.  It is only illegal to reverse
> > engineer a compiled file, or to use copyrighted source obtained through
> other
> > methods without the author's consent..
>
> Well it's certainly illegal to directly copy code from the MSDN
> examples; please don't do that.

I must have mis-read the question..  I was thinking he was asking about using
the examples as kind of a guideline to this does that, etc (writing his own
microsoft free code).  Of course it is illegal to directly copy code from the
MSDN or make any sort of derivative of that code, as the code is owned by MS,
just like the code for say shell32.dll is.  By the way, the sentence just
before this one was basically said (albeit in a different way) in my original reply..

=====
--
Dustin Navea

Minor Contributor, winehq.com