Wierd random spew to the terminal

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 2 14:32:06 CDT 2003

dont know why but I have the same issue sometime... and the letters are
writting xterm everytime I have this...

before that you have terminal control codes sent to your terminal,
which sets it to graphical characters mode.
this happens when winedbg crashes.
the "xtermxterm" is really fast and slows if you dont kill wine
process...
after that run 'reset' in your xterm.

you must sometimes kill the terminal because it has become unusable, if
you didnt see it early enough.

> Well, I thought somebody may find it useful. BTW, after I attached to
> wine (ie stopped it) something was still typing out letter by letter
> "xtermxtermxterm" over and over again.... wake up neo :)
>
> thanks -mike
>
> --
> Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
> QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net)
ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.