Add root drive mapping to default config file

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 3 12:44:10 CDT 2003

 --- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> a écrit : > On Tue, 3 Jun
2003, PETREOLLE Sylvain wrote:

> > - its insecure, since you can write everywhere you want
> > and some filesystem corruption still exist today.
>
> This simply not true. Guys, please stop spreading this
> sort of bullshit, it does no one good.
Addons :
- many users have wine running as root.
they didnt see the root warning messages since they use packages.

- spotted by Carlos: you will have read access on special files/devices
 (Z:\dev\hda*, Z:\dev\fd0, ...)

> > - it will cause recursion/drive change problems =>
> > example : what will be the current drive/directory
> > if you access the fake C:\windows
> >  via Z:\home\user\fake_c\windows ?
>
> This is also a red herring. We need to handle that
> anyway, most users will have such setups, we can't
> simply die on them.

See my answer to Vincent.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net)
ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.