Add root drive mapping to default config file

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Jun 3 12:56:08 CDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> > This simply not true. Guys, please stop spreading this
> > sort of bullshit, it does no one good.
> Addons :
> - many users have wine running as root.
> they didnt see the root warning messages since they use packages.

In which case they are more FOOBARed than words can describe,
and this drive letter crap will just give them a false sense
of security. In other words, the security will be wonderful,
but completely absent. Give me a break...

> - spotted by Carlos: you will have read access on special files/devices
>  (Z:\dev\hda*, Z:\dev\fd0, ...)

So what? Maybe we should restrict windows apps from manipulating
bits at all... in which case, simply don't run Wine. A Windows
app is no different from a Unix app. The OS will protect against
things that apps shouldn't do, be them Unix or Windows.

No reason to a drive-letter-bullshit scheme to cripple Wine.
Guys, wake up and think for a second before emailing on this
subject!

--
Dimi.