Submits galore

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Jun 6 07:50:34 CDT 2003

> well, the problem is that gl.h defines ugly things too.
> as i have reports from users using mesa headers 3.4 (openGL 1.2
> only declared but ugly pre 1.3 support) while using Mesa5.0 (very
> easy to do: install a XFree4.0 and after install only mesa5)

Well, I would only use 1.2 defines from the GL headers. All the rest would
be prefixed or suffixed by _WINE so no risk of conflicts.

So even if the headers are ugly, I do not see how it could break things.

> i think you'll have many breakage :)

Well, if I do the following, I wonder how I could have breakages :-) :

#define GL_COMBINE_RGB_WINE            0x8571

I.e. I do not plan to use ANY pre-defined values from the header but to
define them all myself.

So tell me where I could have breakage ?

> As you want,
> But for me, I think building with GL1.4 (last ans most complete)
> headers and detecting/activing caps on runtime it's a more proper
> solution (no more #ifdef/#define in code, only in d3dcore_gl.h
> definitions).

I cannot see how you can do this without shipping all the GL / GLX 1.4
headers with Wine itself.

If you plan to redefine stuff, this is exactly what I planned to do and you
told that it would introduce breakage :-)

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/