ddraw bug

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Jun 8 10:53:34 CDT 2003

> Any one have on of the games I mentioned??? (these
> games aren't particlerly common)

Well, seeing where you crash and the +ddraw trace just before, it's a pretty
common set of consecutive DDraw calls common to many games.

Did you try more games or only these two ?

> I did not change the confige or anything from the prev
> installtion, but this is what I do every cvs update
> usualy without clean and configure but this time I had
> to becouse of some d3d compile problems...

Well, considering that neither me nor Raphael has never seen this issue, I
think that you will have to debug it yourself... Or try to find a demo
version of these games showing the issue for us to be able to debug it :-)

If you want to debug it yourself, break on 'HAL_DirectDraw_Construct', see
that 'This->local.lpGbl' is correctly initialized and then put a watchpoint
on the lpGbl variable to see when it goes back to being NULL.

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/