Games compatibility list [20030608]

Carlos Lozano clozano at andago.com
Sun Jun 8 16:58:21 CDT 2003

Updated list.

Regards,
Carlos.

--
 ___         _          \  |  /  Consulting
| . |._ _  _| | ___  ___  ___    http://www.andago.com
|   || ' |/ . |<_> |/ . |/ . \__ GNU/Linux
|_|_||_|_|\___|<___|\_. |\___/     _ \  __|\ \  /
 Carlos A. Lozano   <___'/ | \ -_) __/\__ \ >  <  -_)
 [ carlos.lozano at andago.com ]\___|_|  ____/ _/\_\___|
 [ calb at epsxe.com           ]  http://www.epsxe.com
-------------- next part --------------

Games compatibility list
=============================

 Date:               20030608
 Total games tested:       34

 Games installed:       23/34
 Games playable:        11/34

Games tested with
=============================

 o Clean fake windows. (a for every game)
 o Winedefault.reg registry.
 o The games are spanish versions.
 o Tested only the fastest way to get in gameplay. (Do not buggy me
   if the second level, or the "league" option, or the configure menu
   don't work ;)

Games
=============================

Rogue Squadron. [20030605] *

  Problems: Completely broken sound, intro very slow, and stops in
   selecting player screen.

Grim Fandago. [20030605]

  Problems: No sound during intro.

Superbikes demo. [20030605]

  Problems: No transparent background in some textures.

Gta3. [20030605]

  Problems: Unable to install. (Unhandled exception)
   (Better with stdole32.tlb, but anyway no install)

Swat3. [20030605]

  Problems: Unable to install.
   (fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open)

Railroad Tycoon 2. [20030605]

  Problems: For install, you need "cd" to cdrom directory.
   Need a patched EXE, the original is protected.
   The mouse's pointer disappears sometimes, you need move to the bottom of
   the screen to see it again.

NBA Live98. [20030605]

  Problems: None.

DeusEx. [20030605]

  Problems: None. Only in software mode?

Resident Evil 2. [20030605]

  Problems: Need unmanaged in install.
   Stops during intro with "error. Opendriver"

Fifa 99. [20030605]

  Problems: None. You need "cd" to cdrom directory.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. [20030605]

  Problems: Worked the 2 first times (but with mouse/keyboard problems)
   the next times what ran the game, it didn't start giving the error:
   Unhandled exception: divide by zero in 32-bit code...
   (Only software mode?)

7th Legion. [20030605] *

  Problems: None.

Max Payne. [20030605] *

  Problems: Not install. It says, install module does not found.

The Sims. [20030605]

  Problems: Does not start to install.

Fallout. [20030605]

  Problems: None.

Civilization Call to Power. [20030605]

  Problems: Click "Play", and it says "profile.txt not found in asset tree".
    "Unable to init the ProfileDB".

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2. [20030605]

  Problems: Need unmanaged to install. (Exception with managed)
    Stop when you run the game with saying:
    "Debugger detected, please remove the debugger, and try again".
    (Safedisc V2)

Gta2. [20030607]

  Problems: Tested with a patched EXE. Shows 2 screens, and then stop.

Star Wars: Rebellion. [20030607]

  Problems: Needed the native file (d3drm.dll) to run.
    The intro movie had a lot of pauses. In gameplay there is some text
    what has incorrect color, what does it complex to read. The info windows
    are painted sometimes in incorrect order.

Star Wars: Starfighter. [20030607]

  Problems: Unable to install. (Unhandled exception)
   (Better with stdole32.tlb, but anyway no install)

Age of Mythologhy. [20030607]

  Problems: Unable to install. (stop in 5%)
   (Need mfc42.dll to start to install)

Trickstyle. [20030607]

  Problems: Show the first tittle screen and after stops with
   a unhandled exception.

Touring Car Championship. [20030607]

  Problems: Stops during install, with the error:
   "Error installing files".

Revolt. [20030607]

  Problems: Sound completely broken (except effects in gameplay).
   Missing some intro screens. Poly problems in select screens.
   Very slow loading levels (and start of the game). More poly
   problems in gameplay

Theme Hospital. [20030607]

  Problems: Continues pauses in the intro video. Problems in graphics
   during videos (garbage squares). The mouse moves only to right or down,
   and it starts in the center of the screen, so you cannot start to
   play because can't select the option ;)

Braveheart. [20030607]

  Problems: Intro movie is not visible (but you can hear it). The tittle
   screen has completely incorrect colors, and the mouse doesn't work.

Anno1602. [20030607]

  Problems: Unable to install (need managed=N the first screen). Stops
   during install with "Unhandled exception".
   "0x40a1233d (StrRetToStrNW+0xf1 [shellstring.c:109] in shell32.dll.so):
   movw    $0x0,0xfffffffe(%edx,%eax,2)"

Midtown Madness. [20030607]

  Problems: Unable to install. (Unhandled exception)

Driver. [20030607]

  Problems: Using a patched EXE due to protection.
   Unhandled exception running the game, with the message:
   "Unhandled exception: inexact float result in 32-bit code (0x408ebeda).
   "0x408ebeda (WineEngCreateFontInstance+0x592 [freetype.c:492]
   in gdi32.dll.so): fldcw    0xffffff72(%ebp)"

Rainbow Six. [20030607]

  Problems: Using a patched EXE due to protection.
   When you run the game, it stops with the error:
   "Happened a internal error, reboot the computer or reinstall the game"

Imperium. [20030607]

  Problems: The letters are not visible in the installer. No sound during
   gameplay.

Populous 3. [20030607]

  Problems: Stops when execute the game.

Need for speed: Special Edition.

  Problems: Unable to install. (Unhandled exception)

Fifa 2002.

  Problems: For install, you need "cd" to cdrom directory.
   Unable to install. "Error installing ikernel.exe"
   (Using stdole32.tlb)