Warcraft 3 Issues (RedHat 9)

Alex Pasadyn ajp at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 11:22:52 CDT 2003

Ann and Jason Edmeades wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Firstly I can only talk about wine, not winex as I really dont have a
> clue about that.
>

>>fixme:file:SetFileAttributesW (L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\SIntf16.dll"):100 >attribute(s) not implemented.
>>fixme:file:SetFileAttributesW (L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\SIntf32.dll"):100 >attribute(s) not implemented.
>>fixme:file:SetFileAttributesW (L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\SIntfNT.dll"):100 >attribute(s) not implemented.
>

> This is copy protection. Wine does not support this form of copy
> protection yet, so you need to find a nocd patch.

Actually, I have observed this working (without using a patch) for quite
a long time as long as:

1) The Windows version is set to one of the "NT" ones
2) The ide-scsi option is NOT included when booting
3) The authentic CD-ROM is in the drive

Sometimes it hangs up after printing those three lines above, but
killing the wine process and restarting it generally fixes it.
Normally, there is a (longish) pause and a lot of CD-ROM activity after
those lines are printed before the game screen comes up.  If I have
ide-scsi turned on, it just keeps accessing the CD-ROM until I kill the
process.

I just tried the very latest from CVS and it crashed inside winmm.c
until I disabled sound, but as it used to work perfectly (with -opengl
anyway) I will go and find the update that broke that.

Cheers,
-ajp