SMP Problems?

Carlos Lozano clozano at andago.com
Tue Jun 10 03:21:58 CDT 2003

Hello,

> I tried playing with the +relay, but I only get about 2fps playing the
> game so it's pretty hard to play enough for it to freeze (sometimes it's
> only a minute or so in, sometimes an hour or more) I played for 15-20
> minutes and am feeling pretty nauseas :) the trace file's around 7.2G,

I have written a little perl script, what helped me to do small traces
from some programs, when you need dump trace info from a advanced point
of a program.

It is very simple of use. Run wine with for example:

wine --debugmsg trace+all winmx331.exe 2>&1 | wineparse.pl

Wineparse goes reading the log lines, and buffering the last "n", by
default 500, but you can modify it. When it finds the line what you
were searching (in my case: wine: Unhandled exception, starting
debugger), it dumps to the file "/tmp/winparse.log" the last "n"
buffered lines.

Probably it is possible to do the same using a combo of sh command lines,
but i didn't want to think too about it hehe :)

It should give you some more fps, than dumping the complete log to disk.
I wait that it can help you.

Good luck,
Regards,
Carlos.

--
 ___         _          \  |  /  Consulting
| . |._ _  _| | ___  ___  ___    http://www.andago.com
 Carlos A. Lozano   <___'/ | \ -_) __/\__ \ >  <  -_)
 [ carlos.lozano at andago.com ]\___|_|  ____/ _/\_\___|
 [ calb at epsxe.com           ]  http://www.ePSXe.com