SMP Problems?

OverrideX overridex at punkass.com
Tue Jun 10 18:40:15 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 04:21, Carlos Lozano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > I tried playing with the +relay, but I only get about 2fps playing
the
> > game so it's pretty hard to play enough for it to freeze (sometimes
it's
> > only a minute or so in, sometimes an hour or more) I played for
15-20
> > minutes and am feeling pretty nauseas :) the trace file's around
7.2G,

> I have written a little perl script, what helped me to do small traces
> from some programs, when you need dump trace info from a advanced
point
> of a program.
>
> It is very simple of use. Run wine with for example:
>
> wine --debugmsg trace+all winmx331.exe 2>&1 | wineparse.pl
>
> Wineparse goes reading the log lines, and buffering the last "n", by
> default 500, but you can modify it. When it finds the line what you
> were searching (in my case: wine: Unhandled exception, starting
> debugger), it dumps to the file "/tmp/winparse.log" the last "n"
> buffered lines.
>
> Probably it is possible to do the same using a combo of sh command
lines,
> but i didn't want to think too about it hehe :)
>
> It should give you some more fps, than dumping the complete log to
disk.
> I wait that it can help you.
>
> Good luck,
> Regards,
> Carlos.

Thanks for the script Carlos!, unfortunately it's still too slow to play
it long enough to get it to freeze -Dan

--
OverrideX <overridex at punkass.com>
GPG Key Fingerprint = 4AD5 CE9C D7C8 0069 BDD3 7F72 3AB2 642A 5A5D EB89

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want. -- D. Cohen