Resend - Split Ole Win16/32

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 16:40:58 CDT 2003

Gregory M. Turner wrote:

>since you seem to have a handle on the 16/32 BS, Steven, maybe you or some
>other kind observer can help me out with my cabinet.dll work.  Apparently,
>cabinet.dll supports the same API as 16-bit and 32-bit interfaces... I was
>wondering, do you know what, if anything, I need to do to support the 16-bit
>versions of these API's in dlls/cabinet?

There are quite a few places in User/User32 where the same function is
in the Win16 and Win32 API. I think the answer may be in how it is
exported from the spec file but I am not sure. I only deal with
breaking/cleanup of the code.

>I would just ignore the issue, but since installers (the primary consumers of
>cabinet.dll, of course), even for 32-bit proggies, seem to be 16 bit
>sometimes, I guess the issue may crop up from time to time for some unlucky
>souls...

Yes this is a problem. 16 bit installers are going to be a problem for
us on ReactOS so i am interested in a solution also.

Thanks
Steven