Process termination & exit code

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Jun 14 03:34:08 CDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > as reported by Igor Sysoev on WD, exit process code wasn't properly
> > implemented on *BSD
> > it appeared (thanks Igor for all the testings and traces) that after
> > terminate_process request was issued, the client/server pipe got
> > closed because the running thread was actually killed, erasing the
> > exit_code that terminate_process had set.
> > This patch actually fixes it.
>
> I don't think we need a new thread state just for that; how about
> something like this?

I think that the new state makes the code clearer.
Eric Pouech's patch sets a exit code only in RUNNING state
and ignores it in other states.

It's not clear here
------
if (exit_code) thread->exit_code = exit_code;
------
why exit_code is set only if it's not zero and what's about a zero code.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/