Dmusic interfaces

Rok Mandeljc rok.mandeljc at gimb.org
Tue Jun 17 13:29:50 CDT 2003

Hi everyone. Sorry for not contributing anything to dmusic in a while,
but I'm currently busy with final exams...
As I can see, more work was done on it :)

> Is anyone of you working on Dmusic interfaces ?
> Now doing test with Dxdiag doesnt work,
> it says "No such interface" when trying to create a IDirectPerformance
> object.
This problem can be fixed with adding a

if (IsEqualGUID(lpcGUID, &IID_IDirectMusicPerformance)
    || IsEqualGUID(lpcGUID, &IID_IDirectMusicPerformance8))

in DMUSIC_CreateDirectMusicPerformance8 (at the time being, there's
check for IID_IDirectMusicPerformance8 only).

But even with this added, dxdiag creates interface, calls some functions
and then crashes (though I have no idea why).

I was looking at code and i wonder if it's ok to allocate memory for
interfaces like this:
segment =
(IDirectMusicSegmentImpl*)HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(),0,sizeof(IDirectMusicImpl));

I mean, it's IDirectMusicSegmentImpl, why using size of IDirectMusicImpl
then? (or this doesn't matter?)

Another thing... does anyone of you know how to write effective chunk
objects are stored in files)?

--
Rok Mandeljc <rok.mandeljc at gimb.org>

"All that is gold does not glitter,