PATCH: dlls/cabinet/fdi.c

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 17 16:07:31 CDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
>> This patch removes an unused variable introduced by the recent changes
>> to this file and thus avoids the following warning:
> Was going to use that as the user-modifiable buffer for the cabinet name in
> the "Next Cabinet" notification callback, which I never implemented, as it's
> part of the split cabinets puzzle.  I promise this warning will go away with
> my next patch.

Thanks, I suppose that's sufficient. ;-)

> Sorry about that, I've been known to give others an earful for leaving
> warnings lying around, so I will not complain if the patch is applied,
> although this would create a trivial merge situation for me [...]
> My apologies for the superfluous warning!

No drama.  I just experienced, over the past few years, that many warnings
indicate real portability problems (mostly to FreeBSD which I'm using) and
in some cases fixing warnings also increased functionality or fixed real
bugs, so whenever I have time, I trie to squeeze some warnings away.

(Of course, this certainly was not a critical one, but if there are too
many of these, it's harder to find the real ones.)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/