Strange Crash in Direct X init

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sun Jun 22 09:49:06 CDT 2003

> Can anyone hazard a guess as to what is happening here ? I am at a loss to explain why the
> same call should succeed in one place and fall over in another

NPTL wierdness? I've noticed that if I use an NPTL enabled glibc with a
non-NPTL kernel, all kinds of Wrong Things happen, unexplained thread
crashes, deadlocks etc that disappear when using an NPTL kernel. Apps
that worked before, don't now etc etc.

I doubt this is your problem as before you said you were using gcc 2.95,
ie not red hat 9, but it might be worth investigating....