UTF-8 keyboard?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon Jun 23 23:16:08 CDT 2003

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> > And what is the proper fix in your opinion? I think that even support
> > for keyboard layouts won't help for that particular case.
>
> The proper fix is to determine the codepage from the current locale
> information, not from the keyboard layout. This is basically what the
> UTF8 hack does, except it should be done for all codepages.

And fallback to LOCALE_IDEFAULTUNIXCODEPAGE if the encoding information
is missing in the locale environment?

Probably it's better to implement this as a part of init_default_lcid() in
kernel32 then? But then the question arises how to pass that information
to x11drv, or just completely duplicate init_default_lcid() in x11drv?

--
Dmitry.