Consoles (1/3)

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 1 09:54:10 CST 2003

huh ? In which way are you seeing it not work ?
'wineconsole wcmd' is enough to open a shell

(wcmd.exe, symbolic  link to wcmd.exe.so is already installed in
c:\windows\system
and is in %PATH%)

have you tried to do "wcmd /c wcmd" ? it fills the screen with "C:\" or
the windows drectory where you are, cannot stop it with ctrl-c !!
I will make a report when the backend patch will be applied.

> btw, wineconsole wcmd doesn't work
> you must use wineconsole wcmd.exe.so
>
> (or use the patch from yesterday evening which introduces the
> --backend
> wineconsole option)
will try it .

I totally forgot pipes... thanks for poiting it out.
> the only way I see is:
> 1/ in winconsole, redirect 2/stderr to a pipe (if it's a tty fd)
> 2/ this pipe (writing side) will be inherited by all wineconsole's
> children (ie the ones using the console as output)
> 3/ then wineconsole can decide what to do with the pipe's output (for
>
> example if the screen is big enough print that information too...)
>
> but, this may require quite a big of an effort (especially for 3/)
>
> A+
>
> --
> Eric Pouech

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight Spam ! EuroCauce: http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".