DLL Mapping in wine?

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Sat Mar 1 16:28:47 CST 2003

When I use winedbg I noticed that it lists all the DLLs and so files that are
loaded. In case of DLLs that are already present in wine the original DLL is
requested and the appropriate so file is loaded. Where is that mapping done
for wine to determine which so to load?

I noticed that there is a setupapi.dll.so but the program tries to load
setupapi.dll and setupx.dll.so is loaded instead. Is this correct? I would
have expected setupapi.dll.so to be loaded. Consequently the program gets an
exception telling me that it has some wrong INF stuff.

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)