Relay trace indenting?

Enrico Horn farmboy1 at subdimension.com
Mon Mar 3 14:08:29 CST 2003

Hi,
On Monday 03 March 2003 18:57, Eric Pouech wrote:
> Mike Hearn wrote:
> > I was under the impression this is what tools/examine-relay did?
> >
> > I never understood exactly how it does the indents though, it does it in
> > a slightly non-intuitive way
>
> non intuitive ? the only issue examine-relay currently have is that it
> doesn't split the output on the thread by thread basis... so, non
> intuition may mean thread switch ;-)
I think by non-intuitive he means that the calling function is displayed
BELOW the called function. this is because of the way the script works.
And I call that non-intuitive too.
I think it should be the other way around.

> basically, examine-relay scans every relay output...
> and recreates the stack on a per thread basis... if it encounters a
> CALL, it pushes the info as a func call... if it's a RET, it pops the
> function call
AND then it writes out the function
so basicly if foo calls bar
then the display look like this:
  bar
foo
while it should be:
foo
 bar

> (well, script is a bit more complicated because of, for example, missing
> function RET, like you could get while in exception handling, or mixed
> relay and other types of traces...)
>
> I have some patches in my tree to keep in sync with latest relay output,
> I may submit them one day or the other
>
> A+
Enrico
farmboy1 at subdimension.com