Resources and more with Darwin

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Wed Mar 5 08:54:16 CST 2003

Hey,

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 02:26 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:

>> "First, windres supports any conversions between .rc, .res, .o
>> files, whereas wrc supports only .rc -> .res. It would be
>> interesting (from the Winelib point of view) to also support
>> .rc and .res -> .o. The other transformations supported by
>> windres (.o -> .res -> .rc) are not as interesting, as they
>> are not used in the build process. "
>> from:
>> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/12/0168.html
>>
>> I would like to know if you still plan this. I mean do you plan to use
>> wrc instead of windres?
>
> Hmm, as of now we use the "winebuild" tool to convert the .res files
> into the C structure bytecode, so we have the .res -> .o in
> a fashion.

I have been away for a while, but after a little investigation I found
this in this day CVS status wine/Make.rules.in :

.res.res.o:
         $(WINDRES) -i $< -o

so I guess that wine still use windres :( ... So I think I will have to
work on binutils, or maybe there is something I don't understand... (I
hope so ;) )

Pierre