PATCH: Inserting an item in a listview sometimes generates incorrect messages

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Mar 6 00:38:21 CST 2003

On March 5, 2003 09:28 am, Adam Gundy wrote:
>         When shifting the list's indices, we must not send notify messages
>         if we have to refocus. Item modification handlers are not supposed
>         to be called here.

I'm not too hot about passing that boolean around...
I'd rather have a special way to avoid the notification
in the case of shifting items, rather than clutter the
interface that's used all over the place to pass a
strange TRUE that's rather opaque. I've tried hard to
not extend the interface beyond what's documented
for the messages. It makes the code simpler to follow.

--
Dimi.