winedos / Reorganize interrupt handling

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Sun Mar 9 12:33:00 CST 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> The relentless persuite of DOS separation -- way cool!
> BTW Jukka, any idea how much work there's left for
> this task? I would like to update the status on my
> Janitorial page:
>     http://www.dssd.ca/wine/Wine-Janitorial.html#winedos

Well, an optimistic guess is that it still takes about one year
to get everything done. Moving msdos/int21.c and msdos/dosconf.c
is just the first step. After they have been moved, winedos
DLL will import 20-30 private functions from other DLLs.
Fixing these imports is going to take time. The largest set
of imported private functions is DOS memory management
(which could be moved to winedos, by the way) and file
handling (which should probably be left where it is now).

Also, timer handling (memory/instr.c), IO emulation
(msdos/ioports.c) and VxD handling (msdos/vxd.c) probably
need some work. This is not directly related to DLL separation,
but it might have some impact on it.

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>