pthreads and mono

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Mar 11 18:09:41 CST 2003

On 10 Mar 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
[...]
> Not exactly; the issue is more to make sure we can override the
> pthreads symbols properly to do the Wine housekeeping stuff we need to
> do. It works when building as a normal Winelib app, but this is not
> how the Mono guys want to use it from what I understand.

Could we solve this problem by moving the pthread stuff to a
libwine_pthread.so library. Then one could set
LD_PRELOAD=libwine_pthread.so to have Wine's pthread implementation.

Would that make it possible to use Wine stuff from a regular
application?

Wine itself could simply link to that library in the right place a
do away with the LD_PRELOAD bit.

     We are Pentium of Borg. You will be approximated. Division is futile.