Mutual Debugging Efforts

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Mar 12 12:26:41 CST 2003

James a écrit:
> On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 17:28, Mike Hearn wrote:
>

>>Hi, that version is over half a year old. Compiling from source is a bit
>>harder than using RPMs, but not much. If you can keep up with CVS then
>>upgrading is pretty easy as well.
>

> Yes, I was wondering about this. RH are often quite good at new
> releases, but perhaps only for security issues or bugs they consider
> more serious in non-development systems and hence they've not even tried
> to deliver a newer RPM for Wine. Oh well, I might have to try biting the
> bullet. Very badly pressed for time at present though :(

Wine has not been updated for the latest beta (Phoebe), and it's not in
Rawhide anymore. I think it has to do with a change to glibc-2.3 and a
patch to the kernel (that same issue was discussed here, and affects
Debian unstable or testing I think).

Or (shamelessly plugging myself), you can install the RPMs I maintain
for RH8.0 at http://www.mecano.gme.usherb.ca/~vberon/wine/. They're
based on RedHat latest (20020605), so the upgrade should go pretty smoothly.

Vincent