Oleaut32 Debug Messages

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Mar 13 01:29:59 CST 2003

On March 13, 2003 02:29 am, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Not true, as it puts the name of the function being traced.

Of course, silly me. Yeah, come to think of it, the DPRINTF
macro is used to build such strings, together with the
TRACE_ON macro. But regardless, my original objection
against the ugly TMSG stuff still stands.

But since we're at the subject, maybe we could modify the
debugging stuff to allow:

    TRACE("you ");
    TRACE("can ");
    TRACE("do ");
    TRACE("this\n");

If we detect that we're appending, we just have to skip
over the class:channel:function preamble (that's trivial,
the preamble ends at the first space (' ')).

This way we can eliminate the DPRINTF macro which is
rarely used, and thus confusing. Alexandre?

--
Dimi.