Oleaut32 Debug Messages

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Mar 13 16:48:08 CST 2003

On 13 Mar 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> output. We could certainly have DPRINTF do nothing when trace messages
> are compiled out; but this will require going through all the calls to
> make sure we use the right macro in each case.

There are 767 DPRINTFs, and 736 MESSAGEs. I think DPRINTFs should just die,
they are confusing, it's not clear what they output, etc. Your patch is just
perfect, as it does the obvious thing the user expects. I think we can just
turn most of the DPRINTFs into TRACEs, but we need to do that manually. If we
do so, we could probably also simplify the code in certain places, so a manual
process is better (in fact, a search & replace is the worse combination, as
we'd simply lose track of the places we need to audit).

--
Dimi.