Determining dll imports in dlls

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Mar 14 02:34:08 CST 2003

Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Brad Campbell wrote:
> [...]
>
>>Am I missing something, or will this work ?
>

> A better way is to run your application with '--debumsg +loaddll'. This
> will generate a log enumerating all the libraries that your application
> loads (and also tell you whether it's using the native or builtin
> version).
>
> Alternately, you can use 'tools/winedump/winedump dump -j imports'
> on your executable and recursively on each library. But it's more work
> (however you can use this method on applications that don't work on Wine
> yet, not your case I guess).

I actually do all my application testing on wine to make sure they work
flawlessly on both wine and windows.
I'm using Delphi, so building with winelib is not an option for me.

I'm not using any native dll's at all. Winedump produces a nice import
table for my exe file, but running winedump on the native wine dll files
fails miserably.

I might try the --debugmsg +loaddll but I would prefer a static method.
I guess I could look into the source tree and parse the IMPORTS and
DELAYIMPORTS from each dll makefile, and build a static list from that.

Thanks for the help :p)

--
Brad....
  /"\