Determining dll imports in dlls

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Mar 14 18:53:13 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Brad Campbell wrote:
[...]
> I actually do all my application testing on wine to make sure they work
> flawlessly on both wine and windows.
> I'm using Delphi, so building with winelib is not an option for me.

You don't need to build Winelib applications for any of the methods I
proposed. Here is how to find out which dlls winword loads:

wine --debugmsg +loaddll winword.exe

If you prefer to do static analysis then winedump will do what you want.
But loaddll will give you more accurate results because it will catch
all those LoadLibrary too.

> I'm not using any native dll's at all. Winedump produces a nice import
> table for my exe file, but running winedump on the native wine dll files
> fails miserably.

It shouldn't.

> I might try the --debugmsg +loaddll but I would prefer a static method.
> I guess I could look into the source tree and parse the IMPORTS and
> DELAYIMPORTS from each dll makefile, and build a static list from that.

In both cases you end up with a file containing the information you want
so, i.e. a static list you can massage any way you like.

        It really galls me that most of the computer power in the world
                          is wasted on screen savers.
                     Chris Caldwell from the GIMPS project
                       http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm