DPRINTF->TRACE dlls/ddraw/dsurface/main.c

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Mar 16 11:53:57 CST 2003

> This is why I said these needs manual review, so we can eliminate
> this type of tests. But personally I would have liked it a lot more
> if you could code these like so:
>
>   	if (TRACE_ON(ddraw)) {
> -	    DPRINTF("   Real caps are : "); DDRAW_dump_DDSCAPS2(&our_caps); DPRINTF("\n");
> +	    TRACE("   Real caps are : %s\n", debugddscaps2(&our_caps));

Of course, I would like it better too if all the 'caps' functions could
return an actual string and if we just could auto-magically do a
'TRACE(".. %s ..");'.

At the time I started adding all these dump functions to DDraw, I was aware
of no good way to do that (ie with thread-safe string buffers guaranteed of
sufficient size to use to print my caps in).

If now something like that is present in the debug tools, I would be more
than happy to change all that (when I find time as I'm pretty short of it
lately). Of course, if this is already documented how to do it, tell me to
RTFM :-)

                     Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/