LockFile() and UnlockFile() are working

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Mar 20 10:32:41 CST 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:
>>Yeah when I saw that I let out a loud WOOHOO, My wife asked me what it was
>>about,.so I had to explain. This is BIG. It seemed to me that there should
>>have been a parade and fireworks involved with this announcement. Oh well...
>>It's still cool... Thanks Alexandre.
>

> For those who haven't followed this saga, what's it useful for? Getting
> database apps working, ok, anything else?

You say that as if database apps are small potatoes but in IMHO getting these
to work is critical to the success of wine. I would estimate that at least 90%
of the custom built apps out there use file and record locking. I expect that
this will generate more interest from outside developers than any other event.

Like I said before this is BIG.

--

Tony Lambregts