winehq/ ./classic_styles.css ./index.php ./red ...

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 20 16:55:59 CST 2003

Woa.  Don't jump so fast, Jer is just doing development,
he hasn't even asked for comments yet.

Besides, I was just over at his desk beating him up
over that <grin>.

It does beg a serious question, though, which I'll
bring up.  We (CodeWeavers) would like to receive
some recognition on the WineHQ web site for our
role in hosting the site; it helps us, and I think
it helps Wine.  Frankly, at this point, we fairly
literally live and die by the amount of traffic that
goes to our web site.

So I asked Jer to move our little 'hosted by' button up
to the upper right hand corner.

Now Jer was playing with visual elements, and I know
this is going to sound corny and wierd, but he feels
that banner ads actually look best in the upper
right hand corner.  Further, if we had links to
all the Wine related companies (including Transgaming,
and CodeWeavers, maybe with some cash coming in to
the Wine party fund), it would help the Wine vendors.

And, arguably, helping the Wine vendors is helpful
to the Wine community.

To be honest, I'm opposed to this idea; I think it looks
tacky.  I'd rather have some visual effect that says
something to the effect of 'another way to support Wine
is to support these fine vendors' or some such.

However, after beating Jer up over this, I grudgingly
gave in to his request to put it up for discussion.

He's about to post a URL where you can go and look for yourself;
this thread has a rotten title, so please direct responses
to his post.

Cheers,

Jeremy