Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 21 13:14:30 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>>See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html
>
> A perfect test for my winegcc/wineg++ stuff, and
> for our C++ Winelib support! I've tried a little
> bit, it breaks badly because we use lots of macros
> in the msvcrt headers and the code expects functions
> (which, unlike macros, respect scope). I've signaled
> this problem before, and I've send a patch for
> include/msvcrt/io.h transforming those macros into
> inline functions, but a lot more is left to do.
>
> That is to say, all things from include/msvcrt/* of the form:
>
> #define isascii __isascii
>
> must become:
>
> static inline int isascii(int c) { return __isascii(c); }
>
> Any takers? :)

I believe someone will be submitting a patch soon :-)

But note: varargs functions cannot be inline, it seems.
Thus the defines

#define cprintf _cprintf
#define cscanf _cscanf

in conio.h cannot be handled this way.
BTW, although MSVC4.0 used #define's to do this kind of
aliasing, MSVC6.0 uses some other scheme; both cprintf and _cprintf
have real prototypes in conio.h there.

Anyone know what the right thing to do there is?
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com